EURO 2016 France
MTD looks back on the 15th UEFA European Championship. For the third time, the EURO was organised in the land of wine and cheese, where we all saw Portugal win the trophy. MTD also provided services at the European Championships for the third time.
Connecting all drinking water and wastewater infrastructures for ten stadiums and five fan zones.
Secure safe drinking water for all crew members and tens of thousands of visitors.
- UEFA EURO 2016 organisation
- The EURO 2016 host cities
- Different event companies
MTD’s task was to design (including AutoCAD drawings), build up, maintain and dismantle the entire water infrastructure for the ten stadiums. MTD also covered the potable water and wastewater infrastructure for five major fan zones: Paris Champ-de-mars, Lille, Lens, Saint-Denis and Bordeaux. Due to great teamwork between our head office in the Netherlands, our team in France and the different organisations, this unique job became a great success.
This project also got the scoop with our advanced LED technology. This inline measuring device evaluates the water 24/7 and is connected to an online venue management system. The device sends an alert to the system when it detects a change in the water. After a message is sent, MTD can investigate the water and take remedial actions when necessary.
- 15 truckloads of equipment went from the central warehouse in the Netherlands to assist the local MTD fleet in France.
- Spread across France, 26 kilometers of pipelines were laid.
- 268 drainage pumps were used, of which there were 133 U2 pumps.
- 40 booster pumps were installed to ensure a sufficient water pressure and flow.
- 23 static tanks were placed for three reasons: to guarantee water at peak times, supply water at remote places and serve as ‘break tank’. This means the water cannot flow back into the potable water infrastructure. In total the static tanks contained 37,900 liters of water.
- As an example we distributed more than 5,013,000 liters of potable water during the event at the Paris fan zone.